Arugula, Portobello, & Feta Frittata2017-05-23
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Breakfast, Dinner, Main Dish, Snack
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- 6 whole eggs
- ¼ c. half & half
- 3 T. water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 baby Portobellos, washed, gills removed, stems chopped, and caps cut into thin slices
- 2 handfuls arugula, washed and dried
- 6 cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 2 oz. Feta cheese, cut into equal-size chunks
In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, half & half, water, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper until blended. Set aside.
Add olive oil to a 10” non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat. Add Portobello mushroom slices and chopped stems and cook approximately 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the mushrooms are browned, remove 3 uniformly sized mushroom slices from the pan and set aside.
Add arugula to pan and stir constantly until wilted, approximately 1-2 minutes.
With a spoon, spread ingredients into a uniform layer across the bottom of the pan, ensuring an even distribution of mushrooms and arugula throughout. Pour egg mixture on top and let cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the egg begins to set on bottom.
Reduce heat to just above the “low” setting and cover. Cook 8-9 minutes, then remove cover and arrange the 3 Portobello strips, cherry tomato halves, and Feta chunks in a decorative pattern, if desired. If not, simply scatter those ingredients across the top of the frittata before covering again.
Cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through and the Feta has just begun to melt. Remove from heat and carefully transfer to a serving platter and cut into wedges.
Serve warm or enjoy at room temperature.